As a church with our roots in historic Presbyterianism growing out of the Westminster Confession of Faith,
- we affirm the Lordship of our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
- We look to the Scriptures as the inspired word of God and the one authoritative and infallible standard for our faith and practice.
- We welcome those who profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour into our formal membership.
- Our membership is truly international, representing the breadth of God’s call upon people from all ethnic and economic backgrounds.
Members are received on initial profession of faith in Jesus Christ by baptism and/or in transfer from other Christian churches. Youth & young adults are also challenged to confirm their faith upon maturity. Classes for baptism, confirmation and transfer of membership are held periodically and announced in the bulletin.
AS A CHURCH, ORPC’S VALUES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Upholds the twin marks of the church – Word & Sacraments
- Abides in Presbyterian polity
- Commits to Reformed theology & the Westminster Confession of Faith
- Embraces expositional preaching & teaching of the Bible
- Commits to family & inter-generational ministries
- Appreciates the rich history & traditions of the church
MISSION OF ORPC (WHY WE EXIST):
- ORPC is committed to be a Great Commandment & a Great Commission church.
- Our mission is “To Know Christ and to Make Him Known”
VISION OF ORPC (WHAT WE DO):
ORPC seeks to fulfill our Mission by focusing on four areas:
- Knowing Christ – through worship, preaching, teaching, & application of the Bible
- Building Community – through small groups & life-stage ministries
- Equipping Christ-like Disciples – through educational ministries
- Multiplying & Sending Servant-Leaders – through partnering with the EP & other organizations