All couples who wish to be solemnized by an ORPC’s pastor and/or hold their solemnization in ORPC must apply in writing to the Session. Session will only decide when the following criteria are met:
- Both parties must be Christians.
- At least one party must be an ORPC communicant member for a minimum of one year. Baptism/Membership certificates are to be attached to the application form.
- Both must have completed the Marriage Preparation Class held at ORPC at least six months before the planned date of marriage.*
- Divorcees are not eligible to apply.
If criteria 1-4 are met, then
- proceed to complete the application forms. The marriage application form should be submitted to the church office at least six months prior to the date of marriage to facilitate meet-ups with the officiating pastor.
- Meet for interview/s with the ORPC pastor officiating the marriage.
- The form will be submitted for Session’s consideration upon the pastor’s recommendation.
All bookings of church facilities are tentative until final approval from Session is given.
*For cases that do not meet criteria 3 for special reasons, please speak to the ORPC pastor officiating the marriage.