On 16 September 2014 our consultants, Forum Architects received an official reply from URA for the submitted Outline Planning (OPP). This reply provided temporary approval for the outline proposal for redevelopment subject to compliance with the various municipal requirements on
- servicing and vehicular access
- provision of sufficient car park lots (based on number of worshippers)
- land setbacks from boundaries and road reserves
- restriction of development to height limits
- in place of where Dunman Hall is located, a maximum of 8 floors may be constructed.
- in place of where the chapel and caretaker’s quarters is located, a maximum of 4 floors may be constructed.
- land intensification (less than 1.4 plot ratio)
- conservation guidelines for our main Sanctuary
The temporary approval expires in 6 months from date of reply ie, March 2015.
For the next stage, ORPC has 6 months (till March 2015) to submit an approved detailed development plan to URA for its redevelopment subject to the above compliance. As per ORPC’s constitution, the congregation, in an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) must approve this detailed plan.
In the meantime, the feedback received from our Dialogue in September will be considered and brought on board for further deliberations in the light of the reply from URA.
|Dates||Meetings / Events||Status / Additional Information|
|13 Sep 2014||ORPC’s Dialogue Session with Congregational members||Minutes of the meeting available at http://www.orpc.sg/redevelopment. Hardcopy is also available at pigeon holes in Dunman Hall|
|Jan 2015||Proposed Dialogue Session (s)||Postponed from Nov 2014 due to unavailability of meeting facilities and also to provide sufficient time for consultants to work on recent feedback from congregation as well as municipal authorities’ requirements.|
|To be confirmed||ORPC Extraordinary General Meeting – final decision by congregation on the project|
|23 & 26 Sep 2014||Meetings with SingTel to identify the extent and exact location of cables within the church site||SingTel conducted further survey on 1 & 4 Oct. Results of survey discussed on 12 Nov 2014. Further updates will be provided.|
|7 Nov 2014||Meeting with LTA for consideration of reduced car park lots.||Consultants will be submitting revised proposals in conjunction with URA. LTA requests a sampling survey of ORPC worshippers’ parking pattern on Sundays in the vicinity.|
|Ongoing||Meetings with SLA, NParks, PowerGrid, etc|
- We praise God for the good Dialogue session on 13 Sep.
- Thank God for the good response and steadfast commitment from leaders of Providence Presbyterian Church on the project. The ORPC-PPC MOU committee made good progress. Elder Leslie Chew has helped to craft the new MOU for further discussions and subsequently for adoption together with the EGM on redevelopment next year. Pray that, through this strategic partnership, our two Churches will be closer in one spirit.
- Thank God for the reply from URA on the submitted OPP. Pray for the multi-disciplinary team and the ORPC Technical Committee as they respond and work with the various authorities on the next phase.
- Pray for our leaders and the Redevelopment Committee as they work on the feedback and concerns received at the Dialogue session.
- Pray for God's continued protection of the integrity of our Church’s retaining wall structure and surrounding superstructures.
- Pray for vision and wisdom - how to specifically meet growth needs of our four congregations for space and facilities.
- Pray that God will guide the Technical Committee as it works with SingTel, OpenNet and Singapore Power to resolve statutory issues, God will bless discussions with the URA, LTA and Preservation of Sites & Monuments Board re: redevelopment options.
- Pray that God will guide the Fundraising and Communication teams in their work; for confidence that He will provide resources and competent people from our congregations to fill these critical roles.
- Pray that Church Leaders and Congregation will be united by God’s vision and for everyone to commit to becoming an intentional disciple-making Church, that we will prayerfully trust God to provide the resources to fulfill His will for our Church.
- Pray for the next Congregation Dialogue- good attendance and relevant discussion. May we emerge with a common purpose and vision for God’s church.