ORPC is one of the 175+ partner & supporting churches for Celebration of Hope (CoH), a nation-wide 3-day evangelistic rally @ National Stadium from 17-19 May 2019. It is jointly organized by NCCS and EFOS. It is in commemoration with the 1978 Billy Graham crusades, some 40+ years ago.
Official website here - https://celebrationofhope.sg
There will be 3 main focuses in mobilizing our church, the tagline is P.E.G. (like clothes-peg) for you and your ministry to consider and how we can encourage church members to get involved:
- PRAY - Regional prayer meetings around Singapore which people can join to pray corporately for CoH. Nearest to our church would be St. Andrew's Cathedral on 25 Jan, 22 Feb, 29 Mar, 26 Apr at 7.30pm. We will also be committing time at our regular monthly congregational prayer meetings (1st Weds 7.30pm every month) to pray for CoH.
- ENGAGE - There are 2 types of training available.
- Andrew Training: This is for Christians who want to learn how to engage their friends, share the gospel, and be equipped to conduct basic follow-up. These 3-hr training sessions (choose one) are on 23 Feb, 2, 9, 16 Mar 9am-12pm @ different locations (St Andrew's on 2nd Mar is the nearest to ORPC). We would encourage this for church members who are not EE (Evangelism Equipping) trained to attend. Sign up here. Closing date is 15 Feb.
- Counsellor Training: This is for Christians who have some basic Evangelism training (e.g. EE) to learn how to be volunteer counsellors. They will cover the CoH logistical brief, how to use the CoH App to share the gospel (TheFour) and how to input data for Tracking and Follow-up. These 2-hr sessions (choose one) are on 30, 31 Mar and 6, 7, 13, 14 Apr 1-3pm @ different Baptist churches. Sign up here. Closing date is 28 Feb.
- GATHER - Andrew initiative cards are available at Dunman hall for distribution. This is to encourage us as individuals and as a church to mobilize, invite and bring our family and friends to attend the rallies. Tickets are now ready for reservation (max 8 per session, can reserve for multiple sessions). Download CoH app (Apple or Google) from https://celebrationofhope.sg/tickets/. You can release tickets closer to the date if do not need.
If you are keen, or would like to find out more, do fill up the below enquiry form or get in touch with Ps Timothy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dcn Samuel (email@example.com) for more information and details on how you can be involved.
Let us prayerfully look forward to what God can do through us, ORPC and the Church in Singapore in this year of proclamation and harvest!
Ps Timothy Pang
I/C, Celebration of Hope taskforce (under M&E committee)