POSITION: CHURCH CARETAKER
Looks after the church premises and keeps them safe, clean and well-maintained.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily housekeeping duties and general cleaning of church premises.
- Unlock church gates and building doors in the morning and ensure they are locked in the evenings.
- Ensure sufficient stocks of church regular supplies (toilet paper, hand towels, cleaning supplies, etc.)
- Supervise our contract cleaning team and ensure cleanliness of all rooms Including arrangement of tables and chairs for activities/meetings.
- Assist in attending to deliveries and vendors/maintenance workers where required.
- Prepare beverages for Sunday mornings services and committee meetings.
- Help prepare and set out Holy Communion elements for Communion Sunday services.
- Perform minor repairs (replace light bulbs, simple plastering, painting, fixing locks, etc.)
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- Previous working experience as a Caretaker / Cleaner.
- Able to work in split shifts (which includes evenings, weekends and some public holidays) with an off day given during weekdays as substitute.
- People management and interpersonal skills.
- Be conversant in English and Mandarin
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to handle basic maintenance and repairs.
- Patient and able to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Able to multi-task with good time-management and task prioritisation skills.
- Problem solve independently and collaborate with others as required.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your full resume and expected salary to:
Orchard Road Presbyterian Church
3 Orchard Road
Attention: Diane Tee, Church Office Manager
or email to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.