POSITION: ACCOUNTS and ADMINISTRATION EXECUTIVE
Reporting to the Church Office Manager, this position is primarily responsible for the general accounting and non-congregational administrative support of the church office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise with Corporate Treasurer on payment submissions and various accounting transactions to ensure that they are processed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Prepare and update various Ministries and House & Property expenses report for tracking and budget monitoring purposes.
- Keep and update a record of the church assets and equipment listing including coordinate periodic physical verification of assets and monitoring of items for write-off.
- Maintain various database and spreadsheets for church management reporting purposes and ensuring that the records are complete and current.
- Reconciling internal records and financial statements from Corporate Treasurer on relevant church expenses for internal control purposes.
- Identify accounting errors and address discrepancies including continuous review of the accounting-related process for system and process improvement.
- Prepare monthly reports and quarterly invoices for cost-sharing of relevant church operating expenses.
- Check and verify the accuracy of the weekly Banking / Collection Reports.
- Support Finance Committee in the annual budgeting process and various ad-hoc analysis as may be required.
- Check and verify the accuracy of all invoices and claims for payments including reimbursement for staff expenses relating to transport, hospitality, medical, book allowances etc.
- Prepare weekly payment vouchers for approvals.
- Assist in periodic submission of statutory returns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in the effective and efficient running of the church office and sharing in some of the general office duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Diploma in Accounting or ACCA Level 2.
- At least 3 years’ experience assisting in financial reporting, preparation and review of financial reports and 8 years of working experience.
- Experience assisting in budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis.
- Compliance experience to ensure financial operations comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Good organizational abilities with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets).
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task with solid time management and task prioritization skills.
- Problem-solve independently and collaborate with others as required.
- Comfortable and discreet in handling confidential and sensitive financial information.
- Committed to standing as a moral and upstanding representative of the church community.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your full resume to:
Orchard Road Presbyterian Church
3 Orchard Road
Attention: Diane Tee, Church Office Manager
or email to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.